Willmott Grant Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers and our partners to do the same.
Peter Willmott, Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees and contractors have a responsibility to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
- Increase employee awareness and training
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible
Energy and water
- We will seek to reduce to amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products with be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency when and where possible.
Materials and cleaning
- All materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible
Monitoring and improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
- We will increase employee awareness through training
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at regular management meetings
- We will involve employees in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with employees.
- We will provide relevant employees with environmental training.
- We will work with contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
Peter Willmott, Managing Director
1 June 2020